Thursday 5 December 2013

PRISM

Katy Perry
Prism Album Cover inspired nails



I have been blasting Katy Perry's PRISM as my car dance tunes and been loving it! Despite the odd looks I get when getting my shimmy on in traffic I don't care cause This is how we do! and I feel like Walking on air with the windows down and my hips shaking.

Not only is the music on this album majestically whimsical and awesome so is the album cover art



For this nail art I am focusing on the delicate rainbow ombre that is dancing over her shoulder, glinting in the sunlight, with silver lines and accents echoing the album borders and triangular track list




You will need:

White - OPI Alpine Snow
Pink - Essie Fiji
Orange - Sally Hansen Smooth & Perfect Sorbet
Yellow - Sinful Colors Unicorn
Green - Essie Mint Candy Apple
Blue - Bikini So Teeny
Silver - Sally Hansen Celeb City
Base Coat - Essence Studio Nails 24/7 Base
Striping Tape
Makeup Sponge


Start by painting your nails alternating white and silver


Next we gonna get our ombre on!
I've done a tutorial on how to ombre here so you can visit that to get the full load down

Basically you are just going to paint a rainbow onto a makeup sponge using your pastel colours and then dab the sponge on to your nail (2 coats should be good) in any direction you please




Add a top coat to the ombre nails to smooth them out and then let the whole lot dry completely 

Are they dry yet??? Good, lets move on --> Using striping tape lay out some geometric/triangular designs

On top of the ombre nails:Use the tape to make a triangle and then fill it in using a small brush 



Or mark out some lines and using a small amount of silver polish on a sponge thinly dab over the tape lines
Leave for a sec and then carefully peel off the tape  to reveal delightful ombre lines underneath a shiny silver veil

 


Upon the silver nails:
Use the tape to mark out some more lines
I recommend sponging a thin layer of while on first - this will allow the colour you apply on top to pop!
Leave the white to dry for a bit and then sponge on a rainbow gradient over the whole nail like we did before


On one of my silver nails I opted to add an insane amount of fine silver glitter instead of making a design out of tape

Boom! There you have it 

Clean up your skin and cuticles with some remover and a small brush or Q-tip and smother on some top coat








3 comments:

  1. Hi ! I really love this tutorial! Do you think I could replace the silver by a holographic polish ? For example : http://shopcolorclub.com/harp-on-it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annabelle so kind of you :) I reckon that would look stunning! Haven't got any holos but would love to give it a go!

      Delete